Health care-associated infections are a major public health concern whose main cause is the transmission of pathogens by the hands of healthcare personnel. This module allows you to discover the different clinical aspects surrounding hand hygiene .
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Define what health care-associated infections are
- Discuss the importance of hand hygiene in patient safety
- Explain and promote the 5 moments for hand hygiene in your institution
- Demonstrate hand disinfection according to recognized application methods
This lesson is divided into 4 parts:
- Pre-assessment: test your knowledge
- e-learning lesson
- Post-assessment: test your knowledge
- Course evaluation : satisfaction and learners' feedback
Here you find the main resources for this module.
Guidelines and recommendations
You must sign in or create an account to access the lesson.